Charles Lea Center Foundation Vacancies
President - Charles Lea Center Foundation
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the President will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Charles Lea Center Foundation (CLCF) staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
Leadership & Management
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize CLCF Nonprofit volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout.
- Ensure effective systems to track income, expenses and budget and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Promote the CLCF in the community by participating in appropriate civic organizations and community functions to expand the awareness of the CLCF and it’s contribution to the community.
Fundraising & Communications
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and explore new growth avenues for the CLCF to support the CLC and it’s expanding mission.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders in each expansion area
- Plan, organize and conduct all fundraising activities, to include a refresh of current events.
The President will be thoroughly committed to the Charles Lea Center and CLCF mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- BA/BS in a relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in fundraising or development
- Prefer experience/knowledge in services for persons with disabilities
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Past success working with a Board of Trustees with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to development planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
The Charles Lea Center Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage expressions of interest as soon as possible for this accelerated search. For consideration, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: